Before jumping into the blogosphere and starting your own blog, it’s a good idea to do a little preliminary brainstorming first. Below are a few questions to consider before starting your first blog:
- What is my purpose for blogging?
- What type of blog do I want to write? Filter? K-blog? Journal? Combination?
- Who do I want to host my blog? Assuming you want free hosting, options might be WordPress.com or Blogger.com (for example).
- What do I want to blog about? Can you word this topic into phrase, tagline, or subtitle?
- What would I like the title of my blog to be? (This can affect your URL.)
- Do I want my blog to be public or limit it to a select group who will need a password to access it?
- Would I at some point want to earn some revenue from my blog?
By answering these questions before you start up a blog, you can save yourself a lot of time and thoughtfully create a blog you will enjoy blogging on regularly.