Normally, the first post most bloggers make on their blog is sort of an introduction. For example, they’ll talk about who they are and why they are writing the blog in the first place – their initial reason for setting it up. But, then what do you do? Sure you had lots of ideas at one time, but now you find yourself staring at a blank screen and your mind is blank as well. Here are a few ideas to get your blog brain jump-started:
- Write a tutorial, a “how-to,” related to your topic.
- Review a book (great way to add an Amazon affiliate link too).
- Examine the pros and cons of an issue.
- Answer a question from a reader or address a comment made.
- Interview an important, up and coming, or controversial person your niche.
- Post about a current event or news item related to your topic.
- Write a post aimed at beginners in your area of expertise.
- Debunk a myth related to your topic.
- Post about frequently asked questions in your topic area.
- Write a post about another blogger’s post.
I borrowed a few ideas for the above list from the following blog post, which has lots of other great ideas to get your blog brain going:http://www.ihelpyoublog.com/20070316-101-great-posting-ideas-that-will-make-your-blog-sizzle