I just discovered a great blog called the Diva Marketing Blog. Obviously, as the title suggests, it concentrates on tips for using blogging as a way to promote a business. However, I found a lot of good tips in general for the blogger, whether you are into promoting or just want to hone your blog skills.
For example, her post on developing a blog voice has some tips to consider:
Tips on How To Find Your Unique Blog Voice
1. Write – write – write. The more you write the more your style and voice will evolve.
2. Imagine the people who will read your blog. Think about individuals vs. a group.
3. Talk to the people who read your blog. Think conversation vs. lecture.
4. Let your personality come through. Include your own ideas and thoughts.
5. Read a couple of your blog posts aloud. Do you sound like you?
6. Enjoy the adventure. If you’re having fun, your passion will come thru.”
Now, yes, it does bug me that she spelled through as thru, but I’m going to cut her a little slack because at least her information is worth reading just the same.